Thursday, 22 December 2011

Oh go on then, but just a quick one.

Aside from the obvious sexual conitation in my entitled statement, the real direction I want it to take is a response by a parent to a child's request of a bedtime story.
With only 'X' many days to go till Christmas I felt it necessary to buy myself something. Now, being a Harry Potter nut and not yet owning a copy of 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' made me sick almost constantly for years... (despite having read it many times). I thought it time this ended.
Reading it through again, with Dumbledore's notes running parrallel I really started to look back on being read stories as a child. It seems just so long ago, but really in the broad spec of our lives, isn't. I'm 17, chances are I can live for another 80 years, what with the ever developing medical care coming around. Not having being read stories for say 9 years seems long, but in context is not. The point therefore is that why do we as humans feel the need to grow up so fast. I want a childhood and I want it here now. -stomps feet- Society and my inenduring parents (who after age 11 refused to buy me Pokemon cards (TM) and Starwars Lego (TM) (though it didn't stop me!)) have forced me out of my comfort zone and into what. ;Feeling unprepared; undeveloped and being someone who starts sentences with semi-colons. But that's just what I am now; with Uni next year and screaming children coming all too soon afterwards. Followed by 45 years of a sold career before retired with a partner (finger's crossed) and dieing How predictable is life. No wonder there're serial killers, they wanna spice things up a bit...
Vent over...

Until next time x Hope my grammar and spelling is okay, honestly I havn't read this back and i could be dire :)

PS: MERRY CHRISTMAS

PPS: Feel free to read me a bed time story; mother me; tuck me into bed and make me warm milk anytime. Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment