Pointless is, like, my favourite show.
Now, it's not as if I go out of my way to revise different topics that may be handy for future shows or anything... But I plan to start :) And i think it would be mutually beneficial to share the experience.
South American capitals CONSTANTLY come up and here's me just writing them out in a way that I remember them; don't feel obliged to read it out of courtesy. I'm writing this out for myself :) You could test yourself! See you at the end if you don't read :) xx :
Peru's capital is Lima [Llama's live there and Lima kinda sounds like Llama]
Brazil's is Brasilia [...speaks for itself]
Venezuela; Caracus [Because Caracus sounds like Cactus and cacti have V (as in Venezuela) shaped arms]
Chile; Santiago [Because it sounds like San Diego; but weirdly less Spanish...]
Argentina; Buenos Aires [Know your enemy... No not really, but they need to watch themselves. No one's up for it anymore.]
Bolivia; La Paz [In Spanish Z's sound like 'th', so I go on La path to Bolivia]
Columbia; Bogotá ["Dude, pass me the 'Blow-gatá"; 'cause blow is a nickname for Cannabis and Columbia is a drug hot spot...stereotypically.]
Uruguay; Montevideo [Because Homer (from Simpson's) says it's U R GAY - therefore Montevideo is Broke back MOUNTain on VIDEO cassette]
Guyana; George Town [Ex-British colony therefore British name - also George is a GUY's name and both capital and country begin with G]
Ecuador; Quito [sounds like a very spicy latino food; Ecuador sounds like EQuator so it's hot food with the 'q']
French Guiana; Cayenne [The Cannes film festival is in France and Cayenne is in my head said the same]
Suriname; Paramaribo [Mario is a name... couldn't think of a better way to remember this one D: which in itself it a reason to remember it)
Paraguay; Asunción [said: Ash-un-she-un; sounds like ascension (to ascend) and PARAplegic people can't.]
And that's it guys! I should do the Mesoamerican one's (Honduras, Guatemala and the likes) but they're not strictly Latin American - and it's more work these'll do to start :)
Otherwise I'm fine thanks for asking, the final exams are creeping up very soon, next is a week tomorrow D:
Was listening to these whilst writing this at 2:30 in the morning; if you were interested. Don't judge me :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6g-Vh4vcD0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbXiECmCZ94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ZfPOXmT9HMA&feature=endscreen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY&feature=related
Until next time! xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment